Choosing an attorney to represent you is a personal and significant decision. The most important concern is to make sure the attorney you choose can appropriately handle the case. Experience matters and I have been handling workers compensation cases for over 25 years. When I started my career, I represented employers and insurance companies for 11 years and handled a large variety of cases. I have handled workers compensation cases in most of the counties in Western North Carolina. My experience includes handling the investigation of initial accidents to arguing cases before the NC Court of Appeals.
The North Carolina State Bar has certified me as a specialist in the area of workers compensation. The process for certification includes a review by other specialists of your experience and practice area. You must dedicate at least 25% of your practice to your area of speciality. You are also required to pass a written examination. I have been certified by the North Carolina State Bar since 2006. As of July of 2016, I am the only listed workers compensation specialist in Cabarrus County . I have tried over 100 cases to a decision in my career.
It is important to retain capable counsel as soon as possible. It allows us to:
- Make sure you receive the best medical care allowed under law
- Make sure your weekly checks arrive on time;
- File your travel reimbursement requests;
- Order your medical records;
- File the correct forms with the Industrial Commission;
- Recommend physicians for second opinions;
- Prepare your case for the most beneficial result at mediation, or if required, try your case before the NC Industrial Commission
Please give us a call to discuss your matter with us. There is no charge for an initial consultation and attorney fees are continent upon the results we obtain for you.